This disk is made for getting any classic Amiga easily on network with good file transferring capatibilities. It could be helpful in emergency situations or when building up a completely new system.
It's based on stripped down version of AmiTCP/IP 3.0b2 stack and couple of other freeware programs. Almost everything on the disk is packed and cutted down to minimum. You should install some full TCP/IP stack and latest full drivers for permanent use.
Use this disk only by booting from it as it is! You've been warned.
- Single DD disk
- Simple configuration
- Boots up with TCP/IP stack running
- SMBFS for mounting shared folders from other computers
- FTP client and server
- netmount client and server for mounting other Amiga's partitions
- patched HDToolBox for better compact flash compatibility
- UnLZX for unarchiving LZX archives
- Fixes for A1200 reset bug
- Drivers for WLAN, 3COM and NE2k compatible PCMCIA network cards
- Drivers for A2060, A2065, Ariadne, Ariadne2, Hydra and X-surf cards
- Drivers for Norway and Mediator *NEW*
- Kickstart 2.x or better (3.x for Samba and prism2)
- Mediator FastEthernet drivers need gfx-card drivers loaded, which needs an extra disk created by yourself
* THIS IS BETA VERSION, IT MAY TRASH YOUR SYSTEM IF USED INCORRECTLY *
* ALL CARDS AND DRIVERS ARE NOT TESTED, IT MIGHT NOT WORK ON YOU *
networkbootdisk.lha Size: 622733 bytes
networkbootdisk.dms Size: 609495 bytes
networkbootdisk.adf Size: 901120 bytes
If you unpack lha-version to floppy disk, remember to use "install" command to make it bootable. For RAD: that isn't needed.
- A1200/030/KS3.1 with Prism2 and 3COM drivers (jPV)
- A600/KS2.05 (unexpanded) with 3COM driver (jPV)
- A2000/010/KS3.1 with Hydra driver (jPV)
- A1200/030/KS3.1 with CNET driver (o.eschi)
- A3000D/030/KS3.1 with Ariadne II driver (o.eschi)
- A3000D/060/KS3.1 with Ariadne driver (o.eschi)
- A4000D/060/KS3.1 with Ariadne driver (o.eschi)
- A2000/060/KS3.1 with X-Surf and Norway drivers (o.eschi)
- A1200/060/KS3.0 with Mediator drivers (jPV)
- added VERY experimental Mediator support, please report if it works or not
- fixed Ariadne config
- added Norway driver
- added german keymap
- added finnish/swedish keymaps
- fixed ftp homedir instructions
- added safety to avoid overwriting of startup scripts when misused, but still don't use confignet unless you've booted from NBD!
- updated prism2.device
Feedback to jpv at server called amigascne dot org