bplan Pegasos I
PowerPC 750 (G3) @ 600MHz
256 MB PC133
MorphOS 1.4.5 and 3D Update R2
Voodoo3 3000 AGP [PIC]
Radeon 7000 (Connect3D, 32M SDR, VE, TV out) [PIC][BOX]
Radeon 7500 (Club3D, 64M, RV2S, CGA-7564TV, TV out) [PIC]
Radeon 7500 (ATI, 64M DDR, DVI) [PIC][BOX]
Radeon 8500LE (Hercules 3D Prophet FDX 8500 LE, 64M) [PIC]
Radeon 9200SE (Club3D, 64M, R92LE, CGA-S924TVD, TV & DVI) [PIC][BOX]
Hercules 8500LE got almost the same values as ATI Radeon 7500.
Tests were made with Quake I GL and Quake III: Arena.
QuakeI startup line:
glquakeMOS -ahi -ahiunit 0 -unit 0 -nomusic -nojoy -width 640 -height 480 -particles 512 -gamma 0.7 +mlook
QuakeIII was started with default options. Probably would need some tuning to get differences ;) CPU seems to limit now.
Tests were started with "timedemo demo1" in Q1 and "timedemo 1, demo four" in Q3.
Sorted with Q1 results:
Quake I fps Quake III fps R7000 36 1 R9200 SE 71 22 Voodoo3 3000 71 *) 25 *) R7500 Club3D 85 23 R8500 LE 100 24 R7500 ATI 100 25 *) Voodoo3 has 15/16bit modes for 3D, so it might give better values than Radeons
- 8500LE and 9200SE had little gfx distortion in quit confirmation in Quake I.
- 8500LE had transparent balls in Foobilliard where they shouldn't be transparent.
- 7000 had lots of gfx distortion when using 3D acceleration. Q3 flipped up completely. Foobilliard isn't smooth.
- 7500 ATI hangs on P96speed's DrawEllipse() test usually.
- All Radeons have little audio distortion when using 3D acceleration.
- Voodoo3 doesn't have audio distortion and feels surprisingly smooth in use. Has only 3 color mouse pointer.
- DVI works on 7500 ATI and 9200SE with DVI-D on TFT, but not with DVI->VGA adapter on SVGA. Probably same for 8500LE.
- Decided to stick with 7500 ATI :)
$VER: GFXCARD test on PegI 1.0 (27.08.2006)
no crap for jpv amigascne org ever no